Monday, June 15, 2009

I forgot to mention...

On Sunday I woke up to Isa knocking on my door and saying something to the effects of, "HaraSEEN, HaraSEEN (that's how they all say my name here. It's cute) come outside! Something something in Italian, flowers on street!"

So I run outside in my pjs with my glasses on and my wild hair from our Roman excursions the night before and there it is, right in the street, one of those big rows of flower murals on the ground! Everyone was outside making pictures on the street of flowers! We got some stuff from Isa's garden to help the little boy across the street, and within maybe 15 minutes a parade came down the street with banners and music and singing and praying and crosses and priests, etc etc, just like they do in Latin American countries! They destroyed all the flowers, but that's all part of this religious tradition. Somehow, none of us figured out what on earth the occassion was, but it was a lot of fun! Here are some pictures:






On Sunday I woke up to Isa knocking on my door and saying something to the effects of, "HaraSEEN, HaraSEEN (that's how they all say my name here. It's cute) come outside! Something something in Italian, flowers on street!"

So I run outside in my pjs with my glasses on and my wild hair from our Roman excursions the night before and there it is, right in the street, one of those big rows of flower murals on the ground! Everyone was outside making pictures on the street of flowers! We got some stuff from Isa's garden to help the little boy across the street, and within maybe 15 minutes a parade came down the street with banners and music and singing and praying and crosses and priests, etc etc, just like they do in Latin American countries! They destroyed all the flowers, but that's all part of this religious tradition. Somehow, none of us figured out what on earth the occassion was, but it was a lot of fun! Here are some pictures:

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the Roman Catholic Corpus Christi religious celebration??? Some local saint guy? Maybe the day the cathedral was dedicated?? So cool!!! We needed to see you in your wild hair!!!

    ReplyDelete